Is it Safe?
- Shopping on the Internet has never been easier or safer if you just follow a few simple safety rules.
- Shop online from reputable companies only!
- Do not visit shady looking web sites.
–Look for obvious signs (misspellings, things out of place, etc.)
–Look at the URL at the top – make sure it is where you are visiting.
- Would you shop at “Uncle Bruno’s Fell Off the Truck Discount House of Electronics”?
- Look for contact information
- Look for the “Lock”
- Make sure it is https://
- Make sure you are at the site you expected
- Make sure you have contact information to resolve issues
- Always shop with a Credit Card – never a bank account.
- Use the same credit card for all of your online shopping. If there is ever a problem, all you have to do is cancel that one card.
- Use “disposable” credit card numbers you can get from your Credit Card issuer.
- Make sure you have online access to your credit card transactions.
- Keep a close eye on your credit card statement (more often than once a month, if possible).